Why we’re still No.1 for customer satisfaction
By Steve Rogers, ERM Power Executive General Manager, Energy Retail (AU)
While we’d much rather talk about you – our customers – than our own achievements, ERM Power has been named No.1 for customer satisfaction for the 8th year in a row. This accolade was again the result of a survey of large commercial and industrial customers conducted by independent research company NTF Group.
We think a lot about what drives customer satisfaction in our business. Experience has shown that it’s a combination of exceptional account management, responsiveness, billing accuracy, billing timeliness, knowledgeable advice on energy efficiency, flexibility with terms and the ability to solve problems.
In all that we do, we aim to ingrain this winning formula into our company culture. We’ve always been a business that’s all about the customer. We put the customer first when we launched in 2008 and we still do.
At ERM, we genuinely want to help our customers keep their energy costs down and get maximum value out of the energy they purchase. This is stark contrast to those vertically integrated ‘gentailers’ who revel in high wholesale prices.
While energy market volatility has put upward pressure on prices in recent years, we continue to help in any way. We can do this by identifying inefficiencies and helping to improve energy productivity.
We work closely with our customers to help them get the best energy contract solution for their needs and reduce their consumption at the same time.
Here’s how we stay No.1 for customer satisfaction
- We help customers make better electricity purchasing decisions with the option to choose between a traditional fixed-price or a STEP Online contract, where prices are agreed progressively over time to manage the risk of signing on when prices are high.
- We regularly conduct Network Tariff Reviews to ensure you are on the best tariff for your business. If we find savings, we let you know.
- Our highly helpful and responsive account management team are just a phone call or email away whenever you want to discuss your energy needs.
- We know billing accuracy and timeliness are extremely important to you. You need to trust that your energy retailer will get it right and you don’t have time to investigate discrepancies. ERM Power prides itself on 99.98% billing accuracy. 98% of our bills are delivered in the first two days of each month.
We can always do better
As for what’s next, we certainly won’t be resting on our laurels. We know the key to satisfying customers in 2019 is continuing to exceed your expectations at every turn.
We’ll be doing that by:
- providing more information about wholesale market prices,
- enhancing our STEP Online product and customer portal,
- and developing solutions to help smaller businesses manage cost increases.
About the author
Steve Rogers leads the ERM Power energy retailing business in Australia. Steve is responsible for the acquisition, retention and growth of the commercial and industrial customer base.